How to Progress in the Belk College of Business*
Based on the current University Catalog. For students enrolled prior to this time, contact the Academic and Career Coaching Office for degree information.
Step 1: Complete Pre-Major Requirements
Students admitted to the Belk College of Business are classified as Pre-Accounting (PACC), Pre-Business (PBUS), or Pre-Economics (PECO). They must fulfill the catalog requirements for pre-majors linked below to declare an upper-division major:
- Pre-Accounting (Accounting)
- Pre-Business (Finance, International Business, Management Information Systems, Management, Marketing, and Operations and Supply Chain Management)
- Pre-Economics (Economics, Business Concentration and Economics, Liberal Arts Concentration)
Step 2: Declare Upper-Division Major
After fulfilling pre-major requirements; students may declare their major. Students must meet with their Academic and Career Coach to complete a “Change of Major” form or use the online Declaration of Major Request. Once their major is officially posted to their transcript, students can enroll in 3000 level major-specific coursework.
Step 3: Complete Graduation Requirements
- BLAW 3150 – Business Law
- COMM 3160 – Business Communications
- ECON 3125 – Managerial Economics
- FINN 3120 – Financial Management
- INFO 3130 – Management Information Systems
- MGMT 3140 – Management and Organizational Behavior
- MGMT 3280 – Business Policy
- MKTG 3110 – Marketing Concepts
- OPER 3100 – Operations Management
Declared majors must also complete Major Requirement Courses as prescribed by their chosen program.
In addition to completing these courses, Belk College of Business students must do the following to be eligible for graduation:
- File an Application for Graduation online by the published deadline.
- Fulfill the Progression, Core, and Major Requirements of the Belk College of Business with a GPA of 2.0 or better (all attempts at UNC Charlotte are calculated).
- Complete a minimum of 120 credit hours including the General Education Requirements; 60 of which must be considered non-business hours.
- In addition to meeting University residency requirements, all students seeking undergraduate degrees in the Belk College must complete at least 50 percent of the Core and Major Requirements at UNC Charlotte. This will vary depending on the major program requirements.
*Pre-major, core and other requirements for the B.S.B.A. degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Business Analytics differ from the above. View the Business Analytics Undergraduate Program Information page.