The training, education and professional development you need to connect data to business outcomes.
Do you like working with data, numbers, math and technology? Do you want to connect your passion for data with how decisions are made? Do you want to be a leader in business analytics and be recruited to work at top companies in the field? This fast-track curriculum enables graduates to pursue high-demand careers in business analytics. The combination of technical training and knowledge of the business environment sets Belk Scholars Program graduates apart in seeking rewarding careers in the burgeoning field of big data analytics.
Students completing the program earn an undergraduate degree from the Belk College of Business and one of the following master’s degrees:
- Master of Science in Mathematical Finance (a program ranked in the top 25 nationally),
- Professional Science Master of Science in Data Science and Business Analytics (a program with the College of Computing and Informatics), or
- Master of Science in Economics (with a strong reputation and alumni network).
In consultation with the Director of the Belk Scholars Program Director and the student’s Academic and Career Coach, Belk Scholars may choose any business major from the Belk College of Business provided that two requirements are met:
- The student’s program of study must include the following math and programming courses: Calculus I, Calculus II, Matrices & Linear Algebra, Introduction to Probability & Statistics, and Programming for Business Analytics (or another approved programming course), and
- The program of study must satisfy the prerequisites for at least one of the Belk Scholars qualifying Masters’ Degree programs (M.S. Mathematical Finance, M.S. Economics or P.S.M. Data Science and Business Analytics).
Note: Students accepted into the Belk Scholars Program are required to have a membership in the Business Honors Program.