In the Belk College at UNC Charlotte, there’s an organization that can harness your talent, channel your ambition, and turn your dreams into reality: the Business Honors Program.
The BHP is about welcoming challenges. Seizing opportunities. Building your network. Making lifelong friends. Giving back. Embracing your future. And finding your place.
Every great journey starts with a single step. Are you ready to stand out?
The Business Honors Program Core Values
Members of the BHP participate in stimulating coursework, leadership activities, career-building exercises, and community service endeavors designed to promote marketability after graduation. BHP students typically enroll in two Honors courses per semester for the duration of their college career. Classes are kept small to facilitate faculty and student interaction. BHP members also have access to a specialized Academic Advisor who ensures correct progression of the degree. Upon successful completion of the program, students will receive Honors commendation at graduation.
The Business Honors Program is committed to the highest principles of professionalism that guide our actions. We aspire to be a community of learners actively engaged in academic scholarship while demonstrating a high regard for others by modeling excellent ethical standards. We seek to promote service above the self and will learn to support and encourage, educate and mentor, value and empathize with others. We advocate these core values among the membership:
- Academic Merit: We are committed to scholastic excellence and the life-long pursuit of new knowledge and personal and professional growth.
- Integrity: Our word is our bond.
- Respect: We respect each other and all with whom we come into contact.
- Service Above Self: We aspire to do the right thing, for the right reason, even if it does not serve our personal interest. We are committed to each other and to those we serve. We work together to achieve our mission and goals.
- Honor: We will act with dignity, civility, and compassion, showing care and concern for our peers, our community, and society, and apply ethical standards in our everyday living.
All BHP students are asked to affirm the core values of the Business Honors Program by signing an Integrity Contract upon application.