University Center for Academic Excellence (UCAE)
The UCAE offers free services to help students develop academic success skills and master course content. Below is a list of UCAE programs commonly used by Belk College of Business students. Click here to visit the main UCAE website.
- Tutoring: Out-of-class assistance for select courses.
- Individual Consultations: One-on-one coaching to help students address their unique academic concerns.
- Supplemental Instruction: Group study sessions for courses with high attrition rates.
- Study Smarter Workshops: Sessions that help students improve skills associated with academic success. Examples include: time management, note taking, and preparing for exams.
- Student Success: Support for students on academic probation or reinstated after suspension.
Writing Resources Center (WRC)
The Writing Resources Center (WRC) offers one-to-one writing instruction to students with the goal of developing students into better writers. The WRC provides consultation on plagiarism, proper documentation, assistance with grammar, mechanics, and other features of writing.
Mathematics Learning Center (MLC)
The Mathematics Learning Center (MLC) provides specialized tutoring for mathematics and statistics courses on a “drop-in” basis.
Language Resources Center (LRC)
The Language Resources Center (LRC) houses several resources for students including a Course Reserve Desk (students can check out related materials for foreign language assistance), Computer Classroom Software (where students can practice foreign language using a variety of software applications), and tutoring services for students enrolled in language classes.
University Speaking Center (USC)
The University Speaking Center (USC) hosts 30 minute consultations to assist students with oral presentations.
Excel proficiency is a very valuable skill to employers, in every major. Use these modules as a precursor or follow-up to your INFO 2130 course.
Other Academic Resources:
- Niblock Student Center Guide
- Academic Calendar
- Dean of Student Support for Academic Emergencies
- GPA Calculator
- Grade Replacement Policy
- University Catalog
- University Withdraw Policy (beginning Fall 2014)
- Withdraw FAQ